General Lending/Banking opportunity with expanding city heavyweight!
A stunning opportunity for a banking solicitor to join this expanding international legal practice with a truly global presence. This firm offers you the chance to operate at the forefront of the legal industry with banking and finance deals which often make headline business news. If successful, you would also be working with a number of banking partners who are acknowledged as leaders in their field, and within a team where all members demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, delivering excellence in all that they do.
This growing city firm has developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and people are free to be themselves. They are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Their capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which their solicitors can thrive is what makes this a genuinely different opportunity that in our opinion stands out from anything else available in London at present.
Department purpose and Structure
The department can advise on any form of financing that borrowers or lenders choose to undertake, and clients often call on them to advise on the ground-breaking deals and structures which eventually become the market standard.
The general lending practice is widely recognised as the market leader. The firm is able to offer their clients exceptional market knowledge, built from a broad client base and from regularly working on big-ticket, cross-border deals, gained in times of both boom and bust. Their knowledge of advising domestic and international financiers, as well as borrowers, means that they can advise on all types of financing transactions worldwide.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development – development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Supervision of junior team members
- Qualified lawyer
- Strong technical knowledge of the legal framework surrounding general financing transactions.
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
All in all an absolutely fantastic opportunity for any banking solicitor to take their career in an exciting new direction!
For further information on this opportunity please contact James Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0845 241 2127.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels for guidance only. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
We receive a large number of applications for roles and cannot always respond. If you do not hear from us unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your application in case a suitable position should arise, in which case we will contact you. If you would prefer that we do not keep your details, please inform us on submission of your CV.
Espero Consulting is a trading name of Espero Consulting Limited.
Espero Consulting Limited is acting as an Employment Agency with respect to this vacancy.